Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Japanese Drums - Organization of names and badges

thanks to Mikey777 for sending me some sample badges for the Japanese drum history page!

Japanese Drum History

Is there anyone out there that wants take on a challenge for Japanese drums? As you all know, I have my hands in a lot of projects and I just can't keep up on the details.

There are two pages I want need/want help with.

The goal is to categorize the Pearl Japanese Imports, Tama Japanese Imports and then the "Hmmmm" Japanese import names and Badges.

I started moving things around last night on this page.

Japanese Drum Badges

This page also needs better organization.

Japanese Drum Names

I know some of these might be Taiwan or Chinese imports so if anyone has more details and can help get these sections organized please let me know.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

David

Posted on 14 years ago

Bump anyone want to contribute?

Posted on 14 years ago

Jonnistix is the guy as well as Osakabop...There you will find 90% of the answers.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I will help out with this David. Let me take a look at it this week, and hopefully Eric and Blake will help as well. Between us, we should be able to send up a mushroom cloud....I mean....we work together well!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Hey David,Give me a week or so i will mail out to you a photo CD with all the japanese badge's i have or should i say one's you don't have posted. I know my last email photo's were not that good to small..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Ok, some guys on the bandwagon....

This will be a big help.

I will sticky this topic to keep track of it.

Mikey777, yes the early photos were blurry. If you have any not shown that would be a big help.

In fact if anyone has badge photos that would be great to add them to the page.

If we can break it down to lugs, strainers, parts and shells then the visual ID would be a great resources for drummers.

THEN maybe an article on how to improve the sound quality (hint hint) all in one spot.

Thanks!

David

Posted on 14 years ago

I have a Star made "Duke" kit in White Satin Flame. I didn't see that badge on the site. Let me know if you would like me to send a pic.

Thanks,

Adam

Posted on 14 years ago

Here is a pic of my Saturn snare and badge. I believe that it was made by Star. Sorry for the dark pic. It is hard to get a good pic with my camera.

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 14 years ago

I would take any badge photos. You can email them to me at

[EMAIL="vsd@vintagedrumguide.com"]vsd@vintagedrumguide.com[/EMAIL]

If your camera has a close up option, a tripod works best or set the camera down. Set it to close up and then shoot the photo.

Thanks

David

Posted on 14 years ago

Dave and all...

Did you have a decent photo of "Crown". I realize my earlier pix wasn't the greatest. Got a better camera now. Do you need it? Reply here or PM me if needed.

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here