Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Is this tama snare any good ?

So TAMA guys, i have my eye on this imitation black beauty/blackrolite Tama Rockstar snare drum in what looks to be black chrome over steel shell and was wondering what you Tama guys can tell me about durability, functionality and sound.. I checked out a couple of demos on Youtube, but we all know that hearing it in person is always preferred.. On the Youtube video It sounded really nice, and very powerful, with a great tone, nice crack, and very punchy. The only reason i'm eyeing this snare drum is because i'm looking for a snare drum that i can leave at one of the pubs i play, along with my small pub kit, and i won't lose sleep over should it suddenly "disappear" or get damaged somehow (which has never happened to any of my gear that i've left there for the past 10 years ;)) The trick for me is to get decent quality gear that sounds good but won't break the bank. If i get it i will only be spending $40 for it, since i'm financing this possible purchase by selling off a snare stand that i don't need.. The one in the pic is not from the ad, but it's the exact same one. Any and all thoughts are always appreciated !

Posted on 7 years ago

Oops, forgot to upload pic.. Here it is..

Posted on 7 years ago

These used to be the standard snare that came with the Rockstars in the early to mid 2000's. My friend has one. It sounds awesome. Very underrated snare!

Posted on 7 years ago

I must admit I've never been 100% happy with the one I have. Matter of fact it's one of the few snares from my collection that I barely use ( holds a lot of sentiment though ) It has that " ring " that is synonymous with lower end thinner shell steel snares. But that's mine, I can't speak for all. Could be my choice of heads,tuning,wires, numerous factors. But it was something I could never get rid of. But for $40 go for it. It is a good snare - just not my personal go to.

Also feel the need to note mine is the 6.5"x14" model.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 7 years ago

I had the regular version (just COS) and I never liked it. Had to constantly retune the snare no matter what and I never got the sound I wanted out of the snare. But this was my personal experience with the snare. To each their own. Good luck and for $40, it ain't that bad.

Posted on 7 years ago

Thanks to all for the input, but i've decided to pass on this one,

plus, seller never got back to me..

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here