Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Is this really a Emperador snare drum?

Could you help me identifying this snare drum I bought recently? It's made of copper and maple (?). It sounds terrific!

But...the badge says Emperador, Japan. But when I looked on the internet I could not find any Emperador drum that looked like this one. I am starting to believe a former owner put the badge on it...

I cannot identify the lugs and the strainer either...

i would realyy appreciate your help!! Help2

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Might be someones "custom" work. Looks cool, more pix?

Posted on 12 years ago

Looks custom made to me.What is the other writing on the badge? Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, "Emperador" was the entry level brand of Chicago's company "Westheimer Musical Instruments" for imported different MIJ instruments from the 1960s - mostly cheap copy of guitars, banjos & etc and drums a bit also. But it seems to me that JRichard and Mikey are right both to recognize it as a custom snare with stolen badge. Not bad looking.

George.

Posted on 12 years ago

Yep, looks like newer Hayman or DW lugs. Not sure about that though. A maple shell and copper rims... sweet looking thing. How's it sound?

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks everyone for the useful comments! I'll post some more pix.

The snare sounds awesome! And very loud because of the half copper/half maple mix ( a bit like DW Edge snares).

Posted on 12 years ago

Ok with the added photos. Your snare is a newer one made in the last few years.Its a copy of a D.W. snare made in Japan...Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

From MIKEY777

Your snare is a newer one made in the last few years. Its a copy of a D.W. snare made in Japan.

Mikey, you are indeed mathematician in drums - "QED" ... :)

George.

Posted on 12 years ago

Mikey and others,

Much appreciation for your help! Now I'll try to find out who built it.

The best for you all!!

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here