Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Is this a Vintage/Antique bass drum!? Is it worth?

I Found this bass drum at my collage and it caught my eye instantly, i think its a 24. It got an original calf skin on the front has tube lugs with one lug broke. I think it may be 40's. The print on the skin is what interests me, I think it might stand for Lionel Hampton & his orchestra. Does this belong to a jazz king?

Does anyone have anything to share about it?,

thx alot,

Rich

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

I will get this part out of the way:

Better pics will help a lot! Badge, interior, lugs, tension rods, legs, all that jazz! Any manufacturer markings etc will help identify what it is and what it might be "worth".

Looks like a pretty cool drum, and even if it didn't belong to a Jazz king...it still is a super cool old drum right? That head alone would make me want to grab it!

-Adam

Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah the pic is not that great but looks to be leedy t rods on the bass drum?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

From Adam_Cargin

I will get this part out of the way:Better pics will help a lot! Badge, interior, lugs, tension rods, legs, all that jazz! Any manufacturer markings etc will help identify what it is and what it might be "worth".Looks like a pretty cool drum, and even if it didn't belong to a Jazz king...it still is a super cool old drum right? That head alone would make me want to grab it!-Adam

Ill get some better pics when im back, on half term holiday right now, this picture was for the intent to draw it for my art coursework. Ill explore with more pics when i get back,

thx

Posted on 14 years ago

[SIZE="6"]HEY AGAIN! Ive just got back this week and looked about it for a bit, Its got an oval badge on the top saying jedson deluxe drums (John E. Dallas) i have looked into it a bit and they originaly made bajos and drums. Then onto guitars. On a google search i heard one of their old snare drums sold on ebay for a bit. Its got a dusky natural finish but with a sparkle, like a laquer sparkle. Please share if you know something about it! :-)[/SIZE]

Posted on 14 years ago

Post some pictures please

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Post some pictures please.

Check around here a little and you will see the kind of pictures needed.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Franky, vintage bass drums like that are pretty common.

At this point, I won't take them, even if they're free.

I like the old painted heads, and the one in the picture is pretty cool.

If you're getting it for yourself to keep because you really like the drum, it's probably worth $75 -150.

If you're getting it to re-sell, you probably wouldn't want to spend more than $50 on it.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here