Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Is this a Rogers Tower Kit??

I know it's not the greatest picture.. but I'm thinking it is a Rogers Tower with an add on ordered matching floor tom (nice).

I don't know if the snare is available but what would be a reasonable offer for a Rogers Tower kit like this in fair shape.. any ideas??

Ebay looks like without the snare $350 to $400 is fair..?? If the snare is in the offer what I am looking at there... maybe another $200??

Thanks..

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago

If those are available for 400 bucks.......... and the color is good, not seriously gingeraled or blotchy, no cracks, complete.....or even missing a hoop or two and some tension rods....... I think I see a 12 and a 14x14 floor tom there, so either the BD is an 18 or a 20. Nice kit. Great price. As long as some idiot hasnt turned the BD into swiss cheese or put pearl mounts on it or something equally stupid. I think its a great buy at that price.

A rogers Powertone just sold on the bay for 425.00 A Tower snare drum would easily bring above 350.00 and even more. A LUXOR (six lugger) could be worth 300+.

Its a very desirable color, and if the color is really silvery silver sparkle, the value is up.

Thats my opinion.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

That's probably a Tower and if you can get it for 450.00 that's a great price.

Jack

:D

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 16 years ago

Jim,

Is that a pic from your safari into Uncle Sam's Attic?

What's up with the other piles of sparkles and satins

in the foreground?

Eye Ball

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 16 years ago

Yep.. and I really really want that Rogers kit but I just know it's going to take more $jack$ that I can scrape together this close to Christmas.

Wife gave me this one.. "go ahead buy it honey but our Christmas better be a good one!" I guess a pair of slippers and some bonbons ain't going to cut it. Man oh man why did I make this a family discussion?!?!

Red Satins have Slingerland badges on them but I don't know about that hardware... it looked newer than the drums.

I believe some of the gold sparkle is Ludwig and the other might be Gretch.. at least one bass drum... maybe check these photos and the ones I posted in the attic thread and tell me what you think.

Posted on 16 years ago

It's on East Main Street, yes?...

Excited

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 16 years ago

E. Main and 5th... the owner will not take people up to the attic.. so play it cool.. spend sometime in the first floor drum room, talk to the younger guys in the back.

They're good guys and want to sell stuff! Nothing is marked with current prices so it takes some time and proof you are serious to get a price out of them.

They mostly seem to reference current ebay auctions and include the cost of shipping as part of their pricing.

If you want to buy me that Rogers Kit for Christmas I will find a place under the tree for it.Excited

Posted on 16 years ago

I find it's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.

Jack

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 16 years ago

A bottle of good bourbon for christmas should fix it. That and one of them neglige thingys that have the fur around the bottom.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

I guess I could stretch a tarp over the drums and make a little house to live in under there... (I'd be living in the Rogers Towers).

Maybe I could learn to play well enough to pick up some spare change from passers by....

Ok then I got a plan!!

x-mas1

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here