Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Is this a 1969 Jazz Festival???

I bought this drum at a local used music store. It was labeled a 1969 Jazz Festival. All of the photos that I have seen have a different throw off. It is a 5x14, 8 lug, gold sparkle. Keystone badge (mid 60's) with serial # 669338. I'll send pictures via admin to be attached. Also there is a "sticker" on the drum (pointing at it in pictures) that won't just scrape off with your finger nail. Any ideas on how to get that off w/o damaging shell? Thanks for all your help...

Posted on 16 years ago

Yeah, I think it is. It's the invisible one........Laughing H

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

That's a Jazz Festival...the throw-off was replaced with a modern P-85. No big deal, as it uses the same holes as the original P-83. If you ever find the correct throw off for not too much $, you could replace it.

Here's an example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Ludwig-P-83-Snare-Drum-Strainer-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ230243679704QQihZ013QQcategoryZ38097QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think I'd spend that much on a fairly common throw off.

Since you drum has no extra holes, the replacement throw off doesn't hurt the value all that much,

Nice drum!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here