Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Is it really a Premier kit?

Hello to all. This is my first kit. I bought it 15 years ago for nothing and after all this years (and many searches on the net) I'm not really sure if this is a Premier kit. Tom tom's holders were in bad condition so I had to attach tom tom 14" in an old hihat stand. The Premier badge on the floor tom is actualy a sticker. Can anyone help with this?

Posted on 17 years ago

You have from what appears in the dark photos, a 1970's rogers kit, but well butchered. May have been a Big 'R' era kit.

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for the reply. So sorry for the photos but the set is stored elswhere this period. Will try to post fresh digital images later next week. The snare may be a Rogers powertone from the 70s but lugs are weird and I found that the throw-off mechanism is still used by Stagg. Also rods are slotted but not oval-like Premier's rods. Tried to restore it years ago but couldnt find anything maching those rods in diameter and overall.

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

This is how the kit looks now (and my nephew's opinion of storing !!!)

Well ... its now more buchered than ever. My nephew removed the old finish, sanded and varnished the shells. Tom 12" rests beacuse he prefers this arrangement. Please note that none of those stands are from the original kit in all images The hihat stand and bass pedal are Tama.

For what is worth....he still plays them.

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

That black on the inside of the shells - I saw a kit up here recently purporting to be Rogers with black painted interiors but I'd never seen it before that - only that speckled grey colour. Rogers experts probably know the answer to this.

DR

Posted on 17 years ago

Well, it's not Premier and I'm 99.9% sure it's not Rogers, certainly not a 70's 'Big R'. My best guess is that it's of Far Eastern extraction, some familiar generic parts on there.

www.blenheimdrums.co.uk
Premier spare parts
Posted on 17 years ago

You bought it for nothing?

Posted on 17 years ago

The shells are painted grey from the inside. I'm not aware if it was originaly grey as the person from whom i have bought it and the person before him didnt paint it. The black you see is a home made cover. If it helps further the shells are 3-ply with reinforcing rings both sides and the bass drum is reinforced with extra ply under the tom and leg mounts. "I bought it for nothing" means that i payed little money for this kit, it was rusting in a wharehouse at the time. I remember a friend of mine told me once, that it might be a Asama kit.

Thanks for your time to look at this anyway.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here