Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Is it another Star snare???

Iam going to pick it up later today--sunday-- off of C/L guy told me drum has no badge..but it looks like a Star to me...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

My eyes ...

Sorry, I can't tell from those little pics.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

Hi, Mikey!

Your snare looks suspiciously like my 60's Supreme, a stencil of Star, as you know.

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 13 years ago

Can't tell either, when you get the drum post up another pic- hope it's a nice one.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 13 years ago

Yes. The strainer is one key, the lugs the other. Star copied Slingerland Sound King to a tee, they are identical copies. You see many ebay sellers, the strippers, selling and old Star shell and then "*perfect Slingerland lugs". They know the lugs came off the MIJ shell and sell them fraudulently. So boys and girls, be careful when buying parts from strippers, they use these Star lugs all the time and sell them as the real deal.

Look carefully at the strainer, see the raised pattern running around the face? That is the telling factor this is a Star snare, along with the lugs.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

I`m always careful with strippersWelcome

Point well taken

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.