Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Inverting original wrap.

So, working on the MIJ red sparkle 20" bass. Was fixing to reglue the seam. The entire wrap came off after working the seam loose. Only thing holding it on was the glue at the seam and the badge groment.

Interesting the wrap was the same red sparkle on both sides. Flipped over I have factory fresh wrap. The lug holes line up and I think patches can be made for the leg mount holes.

Anyone tried this before?

Thanks!

Creighton

1 attachments
Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 11 years ago

No, I hadn't tried that, but did have a blue sparkle kit that had faded badly... and discovered the same thing when I took the wrap off -- blue sparkle all the way through!

I wasn't careful taking the wrap off, so I ended up re-wrapping the set with a wood veneer anyway. I did save some of the wrap though, in case I needed it down the line...

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 11 years ago

From Creighton

So, working on the MIJ red sparkle 20" bass. Was fixing to reglue the seam. The entire wrap came off after working the seam loose. Only thing holding it on was the glue at the seam and the badge groment. Interesting the wrap was the same red sparkle on both sides. Flipped over I have factory fresh wrap. The lug holes line up and I think patches can be made for the leg mount holes.Anyone tried this before?Thanks!Creighton

Yes. Usually the cutouts don't match well enough but occasionally they do. What I have done is , cut a reversed piece for a smaller drum. Those types of wraps are made in thick blocks and then peeled like veneer, so that is why the pattern is 3 dimensional.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here