Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Interesting snare drum

I just saw this snare on local site. I not so interested of baying it, but I know that you guys would love to see it.

Anyway, it definitely looks vintage.. I guess it is some European brand.

Anyone?

Enjoy!

Posted on 12 years ago

Hi Marko,

A couple of fully identical snares were sold not so long ---in Ukraine in last December and in Moscow last month. These were supposedly declared as marching Sonors or after WWII soviet made (more probably but much doubts).

I haven't my own precise opinion on em'.

George.

P.S.: With passed Orthodox Easter, bro !

Posted on 12 years ago

I bought one of those in Toronto about 10 years ago. They are very strange because even though they appear to be very old, they have a number of odd features, that would date them as newer and they are entirely brass.

The drum will accept a 15" head. Now, I know that Sonor made 380mm drums, so this is so close that it could be the case.

They have a fully profiled hoop. The incurve has an identical downslope, to the Sonor rims of the mid-50's, even into the 60's + the typical 2 hole snaregate. Although, all of the other German drums had incurving rims, no other had such a downslope, although several others used that type of practical snaregate. Perhaps the drums were made in the period of Soviet Occupation, just after W.W. 2, in the Sonor factory?-----but I have not seen fully profiled hoops such as those on such an old German drum. Does anyone know of any?

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here