Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Interesting European stuff

I'm pretty sure the offered stuff is unique to my region and there's very little of it anywhere else. So don't hesitate to spice up your collection!

The prices are negotiable, I put them up because there have to be some. Do no hesitate to make me an offer. Also will consider trades.

1) 22x14" light green acrylic Amati bass drum (1970s-1980s, Czechoslovakia)

This is an extremely rare piece, as I have seen less than ten specimen of acrylic Amatis in all. As all the info about these drums that I have is speculations, I cannot rule out the possibility that it is home-made. But who would have the means to make an acrylic drum at home?

Few cracks in the shell, but nothing big or reaching the edges. A chip on the resonant edge, purely cosmetic. Maybe slight discoloration from sunlight. The wooden hoop is not in top shape, but is easily usable. Little bit of rust on the chrome. I can add more pictures, of the edges, etc.

Amati drums typically don't fetch any insane prices, but this one is absolutely unique, might be one of the very few surviving ones in the world.

I feel that the price of 300 USD is more than justified.

2) (illustration pic before I get one of the actual drum, it's nearly identical)

14x5" COB Amati snare (1970s-1980s, Czechoslovakia) + stand

Very nice sound of a brass shell with ten lugs, one of the best Amati products, IMO. Some rust on the strainer mehcanism, original t-rods have been lost, so I replaced them with modern ones. The threading is European, so I'm adding a fitting tuning key. The original stand is in great condition, no flaking chrome or anything.

200 USD.

3)

6, 8, 9.5" Golden pearl Amati bonga/timbales/concert toms (1960s, Czechoslovakia) + stand

Very cool addition to a kit or usable as a standalone instrument. Great ringy latin sound with killer rimshots. Made out of six plies of beech, coated with clear lacquer inside (not sure if original, but very neatly done. Some slight plies separation, never bothered me. The wrap is pretty faded, more of a green/gray color now. Included is a stand with a pretty rare adjustable arm (those got their gears stripped pretty often, hard to find them in good shape like this one). Chrome is near perfect. Original heads in very good condition.

175 USD.

4)

14" paper thin B20 cymbal (not vintage, probably Chinese)

Sorry, not European, but still pretty cool. No stamp or ink, very thin, beautifully trashy big splash/small crash. Got it as a part of a hi-hat pair. Pretty rubbish in that role, but a great jazzy splash cymbal, think 1930s Gene Krupa kinda sound.

Old pic, has more oxidation now, shouldn't be a problem to get rid of it.

40 USD.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 5 years ago

Bumpity bump---

Do not hesitate to make me any offer if you're interested.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 5 years ago

The Amati snare looks interesting, but, I have too many drums as it is!!

GLWS!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here