Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 110.62213%

Inspired by Johnnyringo..."Ludwig toms Tour"

Here are my Ludwig toms that I brought to the same studio one day a year ago.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NWos9O4HSs"]"My LUDWIG toms from the 60s"[/ame]

Ludwig toms from 1966 and 69: 12" tom in copper sparkle (1966), 13" tom in copper sparkle (1969), 14" floor tom in silver sparkle (1966).

The hi-hats are new Zildjans that I bought here in Hong Kong. The Sabian ride here is also fresh and new and sounds great! (bass drum and crash cymbals are the studio ones.)

The snare is a WFL from the late 50s. It's a 6.5" x 14" 3-ply mahagony with maple re-rings.

"Last Mohican Drums" is a riff that I composed especially to play drums to. The text (read on youtube) was inspired directly from a dream I had. As soon as I woke up, I wrote down the lyrics. It was an amazing dream. I dreamed that I jammed together with Jimmy Page in a strange room somewhere in London. He smiled at me when I did a drum roll and we sang this blues melody together until I woke up!, ... in my dream I sang exactly the same words as I have written in my text (youtube).

There is a blues melody on top of the riff (not yet recorded.) This is sort of a scetch, to be recorded later when I have gotten a heavy guitarist and bass player that can play real blues!

My 12" and 13" Ludwig toms from 1966 and 69. The bass drum is a "Gretsch" 20" x 14" from 1966 (Round Badge.)

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

I feel very honored that I inspired this video, nice playing and the drums sounded very good.

Posted on 13 years ago

From johnnyringo

I feel very honored that I inspired this video, nice playing and the drums sounded very good.

My pleasure, Johnny!

Here is a pic of my WFL 6.5" x 14" snare also. (right) The other snare is a Jazz Festival 5.5" x 14" in pink champagne. (left). The pedal is of course a new Speed King.

Thanks for listening,

Fred

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Toms sound ok.

Posted on 13 years ago

From mcjnic

Toms sound ok.

Thanks, now while I'm still inspired by Johnnyringo's nice presentation of his latest blue slingerland kit, I also take the opporunity to show my musical vintage snare sofa...Clapping Happy2Now that you have seen all my Ludwig toms!

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Fred, That just Isn't doing it for me, The toms are boingy sounding, go back and listen to Bob Gatzen how his sound and how yours sound?Seriously if your going to demonstrate a drum I would rather hear that drum first and then some light set playing to demonstrate that drum, Man those cymbals are absolute CRAP!! Just use the Dw kit completely and bring your own cymbals.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

Or better yet, tap the drums if your goal is to demonstrate the sound. The whole point of this one was to let us hear the quality sound of the Luddy toms. It was tough to get past that banging to appreciate the tone of the toms.

Posted on 13 years ago

I honestly think the drums sound fine, but I would replace those cymbals.

Posted on 13 years ago

From johnnyringo

I honestly think the drums sound fine, but I would replace those cymbals.

Hi again Johnny, the crash cymbals which don't even belong to me are not going with me to the studio anyway : )

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here