Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Info on this old "pearl" kit?

For sale locally. Owner tells me it's a pearl kit, looks like a stencil kit. Can you make out shell make-up, age, and worth by the pics? Thanks

Larry

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/ohlm79/drum_set.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r241/ohlm79/drum_set_1.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 15 years ago

Could be a Pearl kit as they made stencil kits, but if it doesn't have Pearl badges, then it's not a Pearl. Having said that, I think that a vintage Pearl kit would be worth more than a generic stencil, even if it were made by Pearl.

Shells look like luan with re-rings, aka import quality mahogany (could be anything).

Age, maybe 60's or early 70's judging from the old school tom mount.

Worth... I would pay maybe $150.00 for the 3 pieces. Can't see a snare and I have no idea what the hihats are, if they are included, so it's hard to say. If they are 60's Zils, then offer maybe another $75.00 to $100.00 more. If they are low quality, then they don't add any value to the kit.

More info would really help here.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]MMMM....not quite true. Pearl didn't call themselves Pearl 'til, what....'67-68. But they started making drums in like, '59 ?

So all of those stencils they made....Whitehall, Apollo, Lido, Majestic, Revere, ZimGar, Maxtone, etc., etc....I would say, yes, they are old Pearls. Guess it depends on how you look at it.

That's an old Pearl stencil kit for sure, luan shells, Slingy kncokoff hardware. 3 pcs ? Worth about $200 if it's in decent shape....wrap is generally OK, not many extra holes in the shells, everything works ? Another $20 if the 'hat stand works, and as BigD said, maybe more depending if the cymbals are included and what they are....

I like these old kits. If you had the druthers to imrpove the sound a bit, I'd suggest having the batter side edges recut. The bearing edges on these tended to be a bit rough and blunt. They will never be loud kits, but for a Jazzy, woody-sounding sorta rig, they are OK with good heads and tuning.....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here