Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Info on Superstar please

I'm looking for any info on the Tama Superstar that just popped up near me. I'm thinking anywhere from '89 to mid 90's. The seller is looking for 500. Thoughts?

1 attachments
1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago

That's a newer Superstar kit. From the last 10 years or so. The oldest drum I can see in the photo is what looks to be a Red Badge Tama Swingstar. But the long lugs, those never came on older Superstars. I'm also fairly certain that by 1987 Superstars were no longer in production ( think 86' was the last year ) as Tama had their Artstar lines and were in development of the Starclassic drums.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

From ARCHxANGEL

That's a newer Superstar kit. From the last 10 years or so. The oldest drum I can see in the photo is what looks to be a Red Badge Tama Swingstar. But the long lugs, those never came on older Superstars. I'm also fairly certain that by 1987 Superstars were no longer in production ( think 86' was the last year ) as Tama had their Artstar lines and were in development of the Starclassic drums.

Thanks! No wonder I couldn't find it in the 80's/90's catalogues. I think she's just a little too young for me ;)

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 8 years ago