Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Info needed on REMO Acousticon Snare

Hello all. I'm hoping someone can give me some info on a REMO Acousticon snare drum. I just bought one, as I have been looking for a side snare. It has 10 lugs top and bottom, has a brass outer shell and Acousticon??? inside. At least that's what the tag inside the shell reads. It's 14"x3". I was looking all over the internet for info on it like when it may have been made and what the he** is Acousticon???? It sounds great, but the Acousticon on the tag inside has got me baffled. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :D

Posted on 18 years ago

I have the rest of your kit.. 22" base, 16" floor,12" & 13" toms, deep red, hope we get some info on these. Rick

Posted on 18 years ago

Acousticon Shell - The Remo Acousticon Shell is like no other: It's lightweight, moisture-proof and highly durable - yet unusually vibrant and alive with distinctive timbre acclaimed by many leading studio and concert performers. Each drumshell is a lamination of wood fibrous material, bonded together with a hard silica resin and then treated with other resins to enhance the sound quality and projection. Through extensive experimentation and testing - in collaboration with Louie Bellson, Remo's VP-Product Development - today's Acousticon shells represent state-of-the-art technology . . with a great sound difference!

From the 1987 Remo Catalog.

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

Again ...... David comes through!!!! Thanks so much for the info. So I would assume this neat little piccolo snare is worth holding on to?? It really does sound like no other piccolo of this size that I've used. Very, VERY snappy, so dry and "snappy", it sounds like my Pearl FFX Championship Marching Snare. For those of you that play or have played on a drumline, or have seen the movie Drumline, you know the sound I'm trying to describe. It has literally no overtones with a single ply head. The only thing I don't like is, one little screw up and you and everyone else know it!! LOL Thanks again David. :)

Dean

Saratoga Springs, NY

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here