Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Info about Hayman

Hi.

Bought today a Hayman 4 piece kit MattBlack George Hayman Vibrasonic kit without a (original)snare. Tom mount replaced?!? Missing resonant hoops. MattBlack finish. I will get them with post in a few days. Anyone have more info about value of those? Or more info at all? I payed 120$ .

[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/groovesuperfly/Hayman%20blocket.JPG[/IMG]

Camco LA-Ebony Stain-73/78?
Premier "Pre" Elite-Turquis Oyster-1969
Trixon Luxus-Red Ripple-1961
Sneres - Ludwig, Slingerland, GeoWay and so on...
Cymbals- Most K-Zildjian & Paiste 2002
(and some Pearl, Tama and so long, long time ago...)

http://groovesuperfly.webs.com/

I don't know much about Hayman but that looks like a Ludwig ('Ringo') Buck Rogers snare stand which is worth a bit in good condition!

Posted on 15 years ago

I do know that Ivor Arbiter (R.I.P.) was a part of Hayman, somehow.

The drums are fairly reputable. The lugs are similar to the old Camcos, but they're not exactly the same. The snare stand, as mentioned, is a cool one! The "Vibrasonic" shells were also used on some of the lower-line, wrapped, "ATS" (Advanced Tuning System) drums of the late 90's.

I don't know what that snare drum is -some Asian cheapie from the looks of it.

At that price, you made a good deal, in my opinion. With a little work, you might be able to really bring them back to life! Parts may be somewhat difficult to find. You might want to check some of the British drum discussion forums for parts-inquiries. Mike Dolbear has a good forum. Google him and you'll eventually get hooked up with someone who knows Hayman information. Mike Ellis is a member here and he might know something. Maybe you can look up his name and PM him.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Oh, no no no..... He should send Hayman today... and what I found for sale...?

Yes, this:

[IMG]http://www.freewebs.com/groovesuperfly/Fibes.JPG[/IMG]

"Bigginer set in good condition. Cheaper if fast deal".

A Fibes for 250$ / 200 Euro / 135 £ .

I should buye thi this too. But I was number 2 on the telephone.

Camco LA-Ebony Stain-73/78?
Premier "Pre" Elite-Turquis Oyster-1969
Trixon Luxus-Red Ripple-1961
Sneres - Ludwig, Slingerland, GeoWay and so on...
Cymbals- Most K-Zildjian & Paiste 2002
(and some Pearl, Tama and so long, long time ago...)

http://groovesuperfly.webs.com/

Superfly,,,,if you go onto ebay.co.uk and type in "Hayman Drums,,you will see an advert for new tension rods,,they are £2.00 each but the thread is matched to that of the lugs,,apparently,,its an old disused thread pattern and modern tension rods wont match,,,its a pity that the original double tom holder has been dicarded for that ugly Premier type holder,,unfortunately,,not many people knew how to get the original "knuckle cruncher" tom holder set up right,,the rims are just ordinary triple flanged so replacements for the reso's are no problem,,may i make a suggestion,,,on the bass drum,,use an Aquarian superkick1 with an Evans retro screen front head,,for the 12 and 13 use coated Remo Ambassader batters and for the 16 use Remo Emperor,,use Evans G1 clear for the reso's,,judging by the photo you have posted the finish looks to be in not to bad a condition,,although it looks more like the midnight blue finish they did,,if the finish is quiet poor, i would recommend that if you re-cover it, use Pearl opti mounts for the two toms,,,when those Haymans have the right heads there wont be many shells out there that sound as good as them at any price,,believe me,,its well worth making a job of them,, i wish i knew how to upload photo's so i could post my kit to show you,,,

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi,

you made a real good deal.

It's a very good drum set. Of course in a pity state, but

it a very solid brum set and the sound is so good

I get two for 35 years. and I playded it daily. It's very solid.

Very great drummers played on that (Unsley Dunbar from Frank Zappa,

John Hisman Colosseum, Bill Brudford Yes King crimson and so on...).

If you want, I have 2 Hayman spare snare drums, that I don't use them.

One chrome and the second in wood, but gold lingot color...

I can sale one, if you want, because it's sure that the one you got looks cheapy and unmatching with this so gorgeous drum set. It's rare to find that!

The previus one who told you about the screw... is thru. I saw also a tom tom attach to sale on google (may be canada or usa...). It's rare to find that

about 50 or 75 $, they where.

You can contact me if you want at [email]centaure37@free.fr[/email]

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here