Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Info about Ebay seller "Counterhoop"

I've seen these folks on Ebay selling ALOT of drum items.

I'm looking for a vintage Ludwig NOB single flange 14in hoop and they have one listed.

But in the title they always have astericks and in this case the title ends with " Tom Reso* "

Does anyone know if they sell vintage or reproduction? I shot a message to them but haven't heard back.

Thanks for any input!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ludwig-14-Single-Flange-Snare-Drum-Batter-Rim-Hoop-Nickel-Brass-NOB-Tom-Reso/153462911582?hash=item23bb1a325e:g:Ty8AAOSwLMRcwIwR

Posted on 5 years ago

Sometimes you just have to walk away. He obviously has misrepresented what it is, intentional or not. It can't be both a snare reso and a tom reso. You'll get one or the other...and when you've opened it, it will be too late and you won't get it back, $ or part. So wait for that email, and even then it might be a bad experience. He does have great parts, but he's not good at the customer relation thingy. I'm at one good experience and one bad experience with them.

Posted on 5 years ago

What's the difference between a snare batter and a tom reso?

Posted on 5 years ago

This is what I found online;

Tom Reso. Collar The portion of the drumhead between the flesh hoop and the playing surface. The collar is easily identified by the slope at the edge of the playing surface. Playing Surface The contact area of the drumhead. This space is where sticks/brushes/alternative sound sources will come in contact with the head.

Posted on 5 years ago

From hardbat

What's the difference between a snare batter and a tom reso?

A tom "reso" rim is indistinguishable from essentially any batter rim, snare or tom.

The differentiator is the snare reso rim, which obviously must take into account the throw/butt mechanisms.

I've included some images (not my own) for reference...

Posted on 5 years ago

I have purchased from Counter hoop and never had a problem, always packages arrive as described.

Posted on 5 years ago

I believe they are drum strippers...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 5 years ago

From Rik_Everglade

Sometimes you just have to walk away. He obviously has misrepresented what it is, intentional or not. It can't be both a snare reso and a tom reso. You'll get one or the other...and when you've opened it, it will be too late and you won't get it back, $ or part. So wait for that email, and even then it might be a bad experience. He does have great parts, but he's not good at the customer relation thingy. I'm at one good experience and one bad experience with them.

Hello! ad says only tom reso, does not say snare reso.

Still haven't heard back, I realize they are probably busy and it might take a few days.

Posted on 5 years ago

So you want a reso hoop, and it says tom reso...He has another sale for a snare reso with the gates.

Posted on 5 years ago

I still don't understand what the misrepresentation is in the ad.

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here