Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Impossible to Re-wrap?

I know that some of the old wraps were integrated (I don't know if that's the right word) into the shell. Are these wraps on forever? Or can they be pried from the seam in order to re-wrap? I have a chance to get a couple of vintage shells, but the wrap needs to be replaced. I want to know what I'm getting myself into before making the purchase. Wouldn't even know where to begin on "undoing" the old wrap.

Thanks in advance for the words of wisdom to come.

Here's a shot:

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]They are no problem. Just DON'T try to actually lift apart the wood plys to take off the very end of the underlapped-wrap.

I heat it, cut it with a very sharp utility knife and a straightedge, and leave the remainder under the top ply. You get a straight seam, and this is the location where you START your new wrap, so there won't be a bulge on the exterior.

Hope I am making myself clear enuff....[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Got it, thanks very much.

Thought that the wrap under the seam had to be removed as well. That was the confusing part. Makes more sense to leave it where it is.

Thanks again.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here