Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Image Gallery

Is it just me or are there only 4 images in the gallery on this site. Whenever I go into the section I don't seem to have the ability to scroll left of right?

Or am I just an ignoramace?

Dave

Posted on 18 years ago

Here is how the gallery works.

The home page holds 5 images and they are submitted in that section.

Originally that was it until I decided that I wanted to seperate the snares from the drum sets.

So under the main gallery you see the Snare Gallery and the Drum Set Gallery.

So, when the top five had had their time on the home page (could be snares or drum sets) I move them to the appropriate sub-gallery.

If the submissions were at a steadier pace then the 5 on the home page would move much faster and the main gallery would be bigger before I moved them to the appropriate sections.

On that note the Red Sparkle Ludwigs (I wanted a large picture) and the Wurlitzer snare which I had to delete were re-submitted by members so as not to lose them, so they got double time on the home page.

I have about 1000 snare images or more to add, but I figured it will take time and I will add one or two every few days to keep things fresh.

David

Webmaster

Posted on 18 years ago

David, is it possible for those images on the home page to be randomly shown? Just a thought for when there's a ton of images, they'll all have a chance at being brought up again in the future.

Posted on 18 years ago

Good question and at the moment I'm restricted on the home page for how it displays.

It is set up to keep the 5 most recent submissions to the Main Gallery on the home page. Once a new image is added then the last submission moves into the Main Gallery in the forum.

Then after a week or so I will clean up the Main Gallery and split the images up into the two sub gallery's Drum Set and Snare Drums. This will be the archive section which will grow and get bigger.

I see your point about a rotation system and images in forums are a big issue in general. The gallery is not a standard option and is called a "Hack". The hack is written by a programmer and then people that run this type of forum can install the hack to get the new affect.

So I would need to contact the Hack programmer to see if it is possible. I have emailed him in the past and will post it on his forum to see if it can be done.

Thanks for the question.

David

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here