Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

I'm looking for a late 60's Gretsch COB snare drum

If anyone here has a late 60's Gretsch round badges snare drum with Lightening Throw-off that they'd be willing to trade for other Gretsch drums and gear lets talk. late 69 is when Gretsch was switching from the Micro Sensitive strainer to the Lightening......and then they went to the Stop Sign Badges.

I'm looking for the Chrome snare drum Gretsch offered with they're Rock and Roll kit in the late 60's - preferably 68-69.

Round badged

with lightening throw off.

Thanks,

Gary

Posted on 7 years ago

Tat 10 lug cob snare round badge was my go to in the old days one of the best good luck

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 7 years ago

I'm not sure mine was a 10 lug - it could have been but I don't recall for sure. I do remember seeing a Premier 2000 Chrome - the ones with snares on the underside of the batter as well as on the resonate head - and trading my Gretsch snare and some money for it. That was at Ray Ayotte's Drums Only! store in Vancouver around 1971-72. Fun thing - now I'd rather have my Gretsch snare than that Premier. Nostalgia and sentiment will kill ya huh .

From jaghog

Tat 10 lug cob snare round badge was my go to in the old days one of the best good luck

Posted on 7 years ago

It will but I finnaly got my pink chapnge kit and it stays in cases as I'm now partial to my 64 wmp kit and 61 cob 400

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here