Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Identifying Rogers Drumset

Hi everyone,

New to the forum I like what I see so far! Below are some pictures of a Rogers set I bought about 8 years ago and am finally getting around to fixing up to play. Can the Rogers experts out there help me identify what year/model etc. this set is? 13, 16, 22" with 14" Dynasonic number is 40489. Unfortunately I left it at my parents during college and my step-mom threw away a few parts I had sitting separately (like the snare frame for the dynasonic, the original batter heads). Anyone bought an NOS snare frame for a dynasonic? I see there is someone in RI selling them on ebay every now and again. Also, is the color of the kit original or has this been re-wrapped? Thanks in advance for your responses.

Cheers,

Luke

Posted on 17 years ago

Luke,

Those snare frames will work for your dyna, they were used in the 70's. But you might have originally had a frame that had 4 ends or ears that had rubber stoppers and those also come up regularly on Ebay. Either version will work.

I am not sure about the finish, it looks like it could be original, but I am not familiar with the Rogers natural wood finishes. Some very knowledgeable Rogers people will be able to help here.

Mike

Posted on 17 years ago

Looks like the Koa finish to me,sort of a walnut look.They were built in early 70,s.I love them,of course Rogers was next in line to Sonor when it came to quality back then...enjoy them,there is not much on the market these days that will sound better than those drums.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for the info. I'll post a few pictures once they're looking a bit better.

Cheers,

Luke

Posted on 17 years ago

Looks like KOA finish which was made from 1973 to 76. Will have the grey speckled interior and were made in Fullerton, CA. We have more Rogers info at the link below. Good luck,

Jack

:)

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 17 years ago

fromanchu,

I can provide some light(but not enough) on the snare frame issue. Somewhere around Serial Number 41,000 Rogers started using the modern or "no-tails" frame. I have Dyna SN 40,666 and it has a frame with tails(and gray caps), but I cannot be 100% certain it is original to the drum since I did not buy it originally. Also, my research and data is not as complete as I would like it to be and there seems to be some odd "goings-on" with frames and bottom hoops of Dynas in the 4x,xxx range. There seems to be some back and forth of using the modern vs. the older style frames as well as the bottom hoops.

Here's my best advice on this. To work OK, either type frame & hoop will do. If you wish to make it correct(or most likely correct) you should go with the older style frame with tails and gray caps. Also, the bottom hoop should be the type with the "folded" snare gate to which snare guards are screwed to, not the newer bottom hoop style you see on all the Big R Dynas which have an integral snare gate and guard permanently affixed to the bottom hoop. Those "big hole", modern style bottom hoops started showing up regurlarly somewhere between SN 43,000 and 47,000. I still don't have accurate enough data on that. Also, a lot of bottom hoops and frames have been switched out over the years.

Hope this helps

Posted on 17 years ago

Thanks for the info! Here are a few pics of the bottom hoop with snare frame plates. Looks like this is the old version according to your description. Anyone know where one might be able to get an old snare frame or if someone makes NOS of this? I saw an NOS the other day on ebay but didn't save the auction number.

Cheers,

Luke

2 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here