Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

Identifying Parts for a Vintage Pearl/Olympic Kit

Hi everyone, I found a vintage Pearl kit in hard rubbish and I'm looking to buy some parts for it? Also would love some help identifying and valuing it. It needs:

- 1 bass drum rim

- 1 bass drum leg

- 1 mounting system for toms (I have the hardware that the toms are mounted to, but not the mount on the bass drum itself)

- 1 bass drum lug and hooks

Most essential are obviously the lugs. One of the bass drum hoops has been replaced with a metal one that is now rusted and gross, but it can do for now.

The bass drum is 22". The toms are close to 12" and 13". So far I have a sense that the bass drum and one of the toms is Olympic, while the other two toms are pre-1967 Pearl.

The kit has obviously been re-wrapped and altered. The toms have been painted on the inside with black paint. I am not sure that the Pearl badges are original either.

Obviously this kit probably isn't worth much, especially in its current condition, but Id still like to know what Im working with.

Pics are uploaded, let me know if you need more pics or details.

Posted on 7 years ago

I want to know where these trash bins are that everyone seems to find disposed-of drums!

Looks like a potentially fun project. First thing I'd do is remove the black wrap to see if there is wrap underneath, and if so what condition it's in. A heat gun or hair dryer should get it off fairly easily.

Vintage kits:
1969 Rogers Holiday - black diamond pearl (20/16/13/12)
196x Star (Lyra/Majestic) - blue sparkle pearl (22/14/13) Restoration Project
1987 Pearl KC-3500 - jet black (22/16/13/12)
Not-so-vintage kits:
2007 Hart Dynamics Professional 6.4 e-kit / Roland TDW-20
Snares:
60s Gretsch 5x14 maple WMP / 68 Ludwig 5x14 Supraphonic / 93 Pearl 3x14 Free Floating brass piccolo / 60s Star (Lyra) 5x14 luan blue sparkle pearl / 87 Pearl 6.5x14 steel
Posted on 7 years ago

It was just sitting outside the house with a pile of rubbish next door to my parents-in-law's house!!!! I couldn't believe my luck.

Underneath the wrap is black paint. It really looks like someone has painted all of the drums with acrylic paint inside and out. The wrap can just be peeled off because it is so water damaged. I'm really disapointed that someone would cover such beautiful drums with paint.

Posted on 7 years ago

Whenever I see one of these "rescued from the garbage" kits all redone, they always ooze coolness. I think it's the badass factor of something being so neglected for so long but then brought back to working and clean. The drums are tough. Survivors. I like that.

------------------------------------------------
"I've met cats and dogs smarter than Cory and Trevor."
Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here