Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Identify my drum set

Hello,

I have a drum that it was from my grandfather, but i can identify the company and the model/year.

The set are compose by:

20" x 16" bass drum (10 lugs)

16" x 16" floor tom (8 lugs)

13" x 9" tom (6 lugs)

14" x 6" snare drum (8 lugs)

On the foot off the floor tom, they have the mark off premier, but is the only place that has this information.

I dont have any badges.

The foot off the bass drum is a premier 250 from the year's 50.

the Interior finish is Natural.

The pictures from my drum http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0160949401/Drums/index.html

thanks,

Forgive me my english, I know that is not the better. lol

Ricardo Marques

DOH

Posted on 17 years ago

Old and strange. The tom mount is definitely Premier and the lugs are a Ludwig type and bass drum claws look like Ludwig as well but the tuning pegs are Premier (or a similar type such as Sonot). I am not a big expert on either of these brands and I can't identify the snare mechanism but it does look a "special" wrap (maybe home-made?).

David

Posted on 17 years ago

hey i'm not an expert, so i have no idea, but that's hands down the coolest wrap i've ever seen.

Posted on 17 years ago

That snare stand appears to be an old Premier as well. Wow! Premier hardware, Ludwig style lugs and the craziest/coolest wrap I've ever seen.

This kit looks like 1962/1963 Ringo Starr met with 1963/1964 Ringo Starr and had a caffeine overload fight with each other in a Picasso dream.

This mystery kit should be the catalyst for winning a prize if someone ever figures it out!

Very Cool!!

Posted on 16 years ago

From the slotted tension rods, I am thinking European for sure. Two possibilities come to mind. First, Sonor....lug is similar to the budget Action series from the early 70's. However, the rest of the hardware does not look Sonor, the shells have re-rings which the Action did not, and the wrap is definitely not an original Sonor wrap.

Second and more probable is Tromsa. They had a similar lug and simple hardware. A budget line of drums from East Germany. They had a lot of weird wraps. The only pic I cold come up with is at the bottom of this page...scroll almost to the bottom. The picture of the set is not really clear but the drums look similar to me. Needs some more research but this might be a good starting point for you.

http://www.drumhouse.com/magazine.html

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here