Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

identification/information

I had this question posed via email and not sure. This stand came with my Kent set. This is a flat-based stand with Japan stamped on one of the legs.

The question is, there is a piece that mounts on top (i guess) of the cymbal, it has 3 rivets per side. In the photo the piece in question is dangling down, but it does fold up and meets at the cymbal post.

Does anyone have an idea who made it and function (other than rivets..lol)? click on photos for bigger pics

[IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m153/lnorris593/th_100_5978.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m153/lnorris593/th_100_5977.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 17 years ago

That is a Cymbal Sizzler. You put the cymbal on the stand and then that on top of the cymbal.

The arms gently lay on the cymbal making a sizzle sound.

They did this instead of putting rivets in the cymbal

David

Posted on 17 years ago

cool, does the larger side of the rivet or the other end sit on the cymbal or does it hang off the edge of the cymbal?

Posted on 17 years ago

At the moment it looks upside down.

It would probably work best on a 20" ride or bigger

It should be on the cymbal and not off of the edge

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Hard to tell from the photo, but I think you have to remove the arms from the knurled knobs and flip them over.

I have to get you a picture, it would make it easier for you

David

Posted on 17 years ago

See if this helps

Click Here

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

See if this helpsClick HereDavid

that would be it! thanks so much for the information.

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

At the moment it looks upside down.It would probably work best on a 20" ride or biggerIt should be on the cymbal and not off of the edgeDavid

Actually, it looks right side up...the broad, flat par of the rivets go on the cymbal. A lot of these were made by Camco...or at least sold with their name on it. There was also another version where the rivet parts looked like little flying saucers.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here