Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Identification rare snare drum

Just picked this up from a drummer in Norway...waiting for the shipment so only have pictures yet. Looks like an early Premier or UK made drum given the English style tension rods.

Any guidance appreciated

Happy new year!

Posted on 4 years ago

Vintage Beverley - made by Premier at their Leicester factory.

A lovely drum, that!

This looks like a 1960s snare - probably 3 ply birch shell with re rings (maybe a Deluxe / Super Deluxe? though these usually come up with flanged hoops).

Mahogany Duroplastic wrap, similar 'slanted' pattern to Ringo's early Premiers.

Should have had a round badge, though I think the earlier badges might have been rectangular and maybe had cast hoops?

I've had a good few Beverley drums over the years, including my very first snare (a 70's steel shell), and I still have a Cosmic 21 (lovely Supra copy), but I'm not an expert!

Beverley was a previously independent English drum-maker, taken over by Premier in 1958, and then later by B&H.

Posted on 4 years ago

IT's a beauty. (came across this site from a post at dfo- also interesting:

http://www.oldrums.fr/vintage.html#wa-anchor-top

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 4 years ago

As soon as I saw the wrap, strainer and butt, I figured it had to be related to Premier! Thanks to delboydrums for supplying the information!

-Mark

Posted on 4 years ago

From delboydrums

Vintage Beverley - made by Premier at their Leicester factory.A lovely drum, that!This looks like a 1960s snare - probably 3 ply birch shell with re rings (maybe a Deluxe / Super Deluxe? though these usually come up with flanged hoops). Mahogany Duroplastic wrap, similar 'slanted' pattern to Ringo's early Premiers. Should have had a round badge, though I think the earlier badges might have been rectangular and maybe had cast hoops?I've had a good few Beverley drums over the years, including my very first snare (a 70's steel shell), and I still have a Cosmic 21 (lovely Supra copy), but I'm not an expert!Beverley was a previously independent English drum-maker, taken over by Premier in 1958, and then later by B&H.

Thank you for your detailed description. I had a Beverly Panorama 21 shell-pack, but kept the Cosmic 21 snare drum. It actually cost 21 GBP when it came out and surprised several Supra players..... I like the sound of that snare.

Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here