Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Identification of Ludwig drums

[FONT="Century Gothic"]

Ludwig drum set

Produced from 1984 - the earlie 90'es

White reflector foil

Toms: 12" x 11". 13" x 12". 16" x 16". 22 x 16"

Pictures available at: http://www.dba.dk/asp/soegning/detail.asp?annonceid=52119075

Please can anyone tell me the name of the drum-line described above :-)

Thank you.

[/FONT]

Posted on 16 years ago

That is a Ludwig Rocker II Power Plus Series....

David

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Is it a go drum set ?

Posted on 16 years ago

It was Ludwigs budget set at the time. Dont expect it to be the same as a maple shelled classic kit, but it was a reasonable entry line set at the time.flower

Posted on 16 years ago

Some info on Rockers....

Introduced in late 70's as a budget drum kit replacing the Standard, and the first drums made in the, then new, Monroe, NC plant. The Chicago factory was closed around 1985 and all US Ludwig production then went to NC. They were 4 ply shells, 6 or 7 mm thick and made of poplar and birch. The same shell was eventually used on the higher priced Super Classics. There were also two versions...Rocker and Rocker II. Rocker had the same lugs as the Classic line along with good solid bass drum spurs and tom holder. Rocker II used the standard 1969 lug and cheaper thinner hardware. It also had a grey flecked paint finish inside the drum so that less visually appealing pieces of wood could be used there.

Timeline as follows.....

The Rocker Series from 1984 - 1994 had 4ply shells with clear laquer inside.

The Rocker-II-Series from 1984 - 1994 had 4ply shells with coated grey laquer inside.

The Rocker Series from 1994 - 1998 was taiwan-made junk with pearl-type tomholders.

From 1996 on the Rocker Series was updated. The drums had mini-classic lugs and had new shells made of poplar, birch and maple. The series was divided in rocker, rocker elite.... to todays rocker birch series.

So...anything older than 1994 is US made and a decent drum. The clear lacquer interior is also the better drum by far.

I can't tell from your pics exactly what you have there.

Posted on 16 years ago

So is this

The Rocker Series from 1984 - 1994 had 4ply shells with clear laquer inside?

Posted on 16 years ago

From the ace info from drum dad and the pic thru the batter head, id say it was the first rocker series.:p

Posted on 16 years ago

Looks Like Ludwig Rocer Series From The 80"s....i Concur Wif My More Knowledgedable Constituants On This Subject,,,,,man Thats Alota Big Words For A Drummer,,,,no Wonder I Cant Spell Em Right!!!!!hahhahaha.....

Posted on 16 years ago

I just added the Ludwig Rockers page on the main web site....

Thanks the_drum_dad!

I also put the complete Rockers Drum brochure up for 1986

I have other stuff and when I grab a catalog that has Rocker info I will add it to the page.

Thanks

David

Click the logo for Ludwig Rocker Drum Sets

[IMG]http://vintagesnaredrums.com/images/ludwig_rockers/ludwig_rocker_logo.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 16 years ago

I just added 1988 and 1994 Catalog Pages

I think I have it covered now.....

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here