Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Identification Help Please

Hello. I am just tryin to get a little background info on this drumset of mine. It is Pearl (made in china). From what I have read it appears to be a lower end kit.

There is no mount for the toms on the bass drum which seems unusual to me. The toms mount on the cymbal stand. The interior of the drums has grey paint and the wood grain runs from top to bottom.I don't know alot about drums just have this around for jamming with friends. Sorry about the glare in some of the pics. The first couple pics are of the bass drum, next is one of the toms, then the tom mount, and the whole kit. Please help me identify this kit. Thanks for your time.

Posted on 13 years ago

This set looks to be the equivalent to all the "stencils"they farmed out at Pearl.Late 70's time frame.4-line COS snare,9-ply painted interior luan plywood construction.At least you get good quality tom mounts and a triple-tree.It's possible this is a double-bass set minus a bass drum.That would explain the lack of a tom mount on the bass drum.I personally like these era Pearl drums.And it has all it's bottom heads!

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for your help,as well as the quick response. The snare stand, hi-hat stand, and one of the boom stands are Yamaha...also late 70s I believe. For curiositys sake: Does a kit like this have any kind of value?

Posted on 13 years ago

No,not really.But that does not mean they aren't good drums.I'd rather play those than any number of budget drums for sale at the local music store.Nice round edges and shallow depth mean ease of tuning.You'll get nothing for a trade in.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here