Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

ID Ludwig Pedal?

I posted this in the "General" section - probably not the best place - so....

My brother gave me a Ludwig bass pedal - does anybody know what year / model it is? I only found 2 pics online, but with no info. Looks to be 1970s. Hmmmm

Link to pic -

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=7671

Thanks

...but when he played on his drum, he made the stars explode....
Posted on 15 years ago

Mid-late 90's Modular series pedal......., similar to the earlier Modular pedal, the difference is the style of footboard.......not worth much and a so-so pedal.....

Posted on 15 years ago

Mid to Late '90s? Really?

Hmmmm, now you've got me hunting for info to corroborate. So far, nothing that I've found labeled as Modular series from the '90s looks like this.

Can you lead me to any links?

As stated, I'd only seen 2 pics of this, 1 on eBay which used the sometimes dubious word "vintage" - the other said something about an "infinitely adjustable spring system". Infinitely?!?!?! Party - ummm, ok....

Considering that it's hard to find online, I suppose they either weren't very popular, or people like 'em so much that they don't part with them ;)

I did see a hi-hat with the same foot pedal - only labeled "vintage" also - oy!

I found a 1980's version with +/- the same part that holds the beater (rocker assembly), except it was a chain drive; this one is a cloth, web-type strap. The '80s pedal also had a similar foot plate, but no toe-stop bump, and no big spring extension, otherwise, it seemed newer than this one.

idk - you've given me incentive to search still more..... (i've searched for hours over a few days already)

From looking at a recent Ludwig hardware pdf. catalog, I can see why you'd think it's something more "recent". They still use a very similar foot board design - though not the exactly same.

...but when he played on his drum, he made the stars explode....
Posted on 15 years ago

From NewDecade

Mid to Late '90s? Really? Hmmmm, now you've got me hunting for info to corroborate. So far, nothing that I've found labeled as Modular series from the '90s looks like this.Can you lead me to any links?As stated, I'd only seen 2 pics of this, 1 on eBay which used the sometimes dubious word "vintage" - the other said something about an "infinitely adjustable spring system". Infinitely?!?!?! Party - ummm, ok....Considering that it's hard to find online, I suppose they either weren't very popular, or people like 'em so much that they don't part with them ;)I did see a hi-hat with the same foot pedal - only labeled "vintage" also - oy!I found a 1980's version with +/- the same part that holds the beater (rocker assembly), except it was a chain drive; this one is a cloth, web-type strap. The '80s pedal also had a similar foot plate, but no toe-stop bump, and no big spring extension, otherwise, it seemed newer than this one. idk - you've given me incentive to search still more..... (i've searched for hours over a few days already)From looking at a recent Ludwig hardware pdf. catalog, I can see why you'd think it's something more "recent". They still use a very similar foot board design - though not the exactly same.

I have a couple of catalog pages I can scan and send to you in a pm later on.....but it started life about 1984 with the older style footboard and then about 1993 got that style foot board. Didn't last too many years past that though. No they weren't popular pedals....not that great either....

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here