Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

ID and dating help please

Hi, I after too many years bought my 1st Rogers kit, a 1972(?) Script logo 8 piece New England White: 2x 14x24, Toms 8x12,9x13,10x14,Floor toms 16x16,18x16 with Superten COB(?) 5x14snare. All drums except the 10x14 have labels and all do have grey speckled interior. They carry the same designation: 60 5322 9/72. The serials are: Bass A6267, 18” 80523, 16” 9108, 14” u/k, 13” A8341, 12”A2158, Snare 4012. All labels are borderless. To add a little width I bought in a 8x10 Concert tom allegedly BigR. On stripping it I found it to be what I believe is a Script tom, speckled interior numbered as above and serial 59958. The original 8 piece was sold to me and imported by me into the UK as “1972 studio use only kit”. My limited researches lead me to believe this is a Fullerton kit but the numbers of course are a mystery to me. So I ask please for some clarification from anyone thanking you in advance.

Posted on 2 years ago

Hi Krisdrum...and Welcome to the forum!

Your kit is, indeed, a Fullerton-era outfit. The 9/72 tags did begin in 9-72, but the labels will narrow down the years even more. I'm not at home right now to get that information, but there will be other members here that might have the info for you. As to the SuperTen, they are great snare drums! Not COB, but are COS.

I hope others will join in and give you more info. As for me, my girlfriend and I are getting ready for our 500 mile drive home with her new 23-foot trailer in tow. It's going to be a long day!!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

Interesting, many thanks, safe travels stay safe.

Posted on 2 years ago

Here is the dating guide for 9/72 paper labels. The Rogers book is in error with their guide.

1 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

From idrum4fun

Hi Krisdrum...and Welcome to the forum!Your kit is, indeed, a Fullerton-era outfit. The 9/72 tags did begin in 9-72, but the labels will narrow down the years even more. I'm not at home right now to get that information, but there will be other members here that might have the info for you. As to the SuperTen, they are great snare drums! Not COB, but are COS.I hope others will join in and give you more info. As for me, my girlfriend and I are getting ready for our 500 mile drive home with her new 23-foot trailer in tow. It's going to be a long day!!-Mark

Safe travels Mark. Car Driving2

Posted on 2 years ago

From amosguy

Here is the dating guide for 9/72 paper labels. The Rogers book is in error with their guide.

Very cool piece of information in one simple photo! Thanks for that. Are there any distinquishing aspects of kits built during those four years?

Posted on 2 years ago

From amosguy

That's great thanks. So do the serial#' actually count for anything?

Posted on 2 years ago

These for interest...

[IMG]http://ibb.co/pnqDL4c[/IMG]

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here