Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

I need TAMA "GIBRALTAR" snare parts - HELP!!!

I have a 1980's TAMA "Gibraltar" snare drum, 12 ply birch, 18mm shell thickness. What I need is/are lug mounting screws. Apparently these screws are an exclusive, proprietary TAMA part. My other option would be to drill the threads out and re-thread (tap) the hole with either metric or standard threads.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it

Ric

Posted on 12 years ago

I'm sure some of the members have the screws but what could possibly be proprietary about a screw? I doubt if Tama invented their own thread, so the correct thread and length has got to be available, from commercial sources. Have you checked the thread to see what it is?

Posted on 12 years ago

I haven't checked with my local hardware store yet, I rummaged through my bucket of screws with no luck. I'll try again today. My local drum shop didn't have anything with a quick browse, I'l go back and rummage some more later. My guess is M5-.9 pitch-20mm.

TAMA have been known to have different pitch sizes on their screws. I was told they had a surplus of nuts and bolts and fasteners they acquired from the result of WW2 that they ended up using for the drums

Posted on 12 years ago

How many screws do you need?.I have alot of these Tama screws how long are the ones that you need i have up to 3/4" long end to end new old stock....Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

Mikey...That shell is 18mm, almost 3/4 thick,so I think an inch in length is what he may need:2Cents:

Steve B

Posted on 12 years ago

I will check over the wek end i do think i have the screws at are 1" long end to end...Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here