Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

I need info on my Premier Kit

I have just recentally got back into drumming. I purchased a set Premiers (used) and can't seem to find someone who could tell me what series they're from and the value of them. I got them for a great deal and just want to know what model they are.

Thanks

[email]howard@superior-sites.com[/email]

[Attachment: 13038]

[Attachment: 13039]

[Attachment: 13040]

3 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]From the badges, finish and general modernity of the hardware, I'd say it's post -1980.

Looks like the interiors are natural finish, though...so that'd indicate decent shells, not the crp asian imports which were stained black. Are the shells re-ringed or thicker ply ? Can you post pic of an interior shell ?[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Jaye, thank you for the info, I'll take a shot of the interior of the bass. I have it apart. The hoops are a little mared up from the kick pedel so i'm going to strip off the silver flake and refinish them natural.

Howard

Posted on 14 years ago

Jaye, here is a shot of the kick interior and beveled edge. If you need any other pics they're just a snap shot away....

I picked these 5 shells up for $150.00 and also want to know if it was an ok deal....

[Attachment: 13064]

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Do a search for the cabria and vitria series premier drums. This set belongs to one of them, just cant remember which one. These are late 90's early 00's era drums.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey Bigz, Thanks for the info.

The lugs on the cabria and vitria series are not the same. I already looked at them. I'm getting confuesed......

Posted on 14 years ago

I did do some research and saw a picture of a set similar to mine. Same exact lugs and badges, I believe they were called "Projectors". What really made me think mine may be projectors wasn't the Badges or lugs matching, but the shell of the bass. The Projector shells were 3 layers of Birch and 3 Layers of Germen Beech wood for the bearing edge. When you look at the edges of mine you can see two differant kinds of wood, dark like Beech wood on the bearing edges and light, like Birch on the inside, and you can see the 3 layers of Birch really well and the 3 layers of German Beech good too. The pics below are the Projector series and a pic of my beveled edge. The tom mount I have looks exactly like the one in the picture.....What do you think? Could I have figured it out?

[Attachment: [Attachment: 13072]]

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Those badges are Definately late 90's no earlier. On occation however (like most drum manufacturers) premier would use badges and lugs on their drums from different eras. This kit doesnt look particularly vintage so id keep hunting for the model!

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Good detective work, Howard. If the badges, sizes and hardware match up to yours, you have narrowed it down.

Regardless...$150 was a steal. Those shells are good quality shells. Premier is an often overlooked mf'r on this side of the pond. They are and always were a very good company (forgiving their transgressions into cheap stuff in the 80's - just like everyone else).[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here