Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

I Need Help with a Ludwig Coliseum

Hi There,

I just picked up a Ludwig '80's Coliseum with a "Classic" P-87 strainer minus snare wires. I know Ludwig still makes the snare wires that are individually adjustable. My question is, does any one have any first hand experience with this system? The drum is in excellent condition and I'm weighing the option of changing out the entire throw off and butt for a more modern system and different choices of snare wires. The cost of replacing the snare wires will be close to purchasing a "good" throw off.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

"mikkofan"

Posted on 14 years ago

The factory throw off when adjusted and set up correctly works very well. There are options available to you that you wouldn't have with other types of throw offs......regular adjustable wires, synthetic gut snares, or a combo of the two....I say stick with the original throw off and invest in different sets of snares for it, try each one until you find one that you like the best.....you can always sell the others off if you don't like the sound. BTW...any of those three options are more sensitive with this throw-off type than any other you may fit to it......the snares extend past the end of the shell, much like a supersensitive snare does.....it helps the drum get a truer, crisper, more sensitive sound than standard snare wires would.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for your prompt reply.

To your knowledge do the Ludwig snare wires include the mounting screws?

Any advice on set-up and installation would be appreciated.

Regards,

"mikkofan"

Posted on 14 years ago

To my knowledge they are seperate items, but easily obtained from any Ludwig dealer, much the same as the snare wires themselves.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here