Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

I need Dyna-Sonic help too

Would appreciate some help in dating my Dyna-Sonic. The serial number is 27652. There is no sticker inside saying where it was made. Thanks

Posted on 14 years ago

ReGal Music!...

On this year Dynasonic, there isn't any sticker/label inside, the Dynasonic Custom Built badge with the serial number is it as interior labels were discontinued pretty early, around 1961 or so.

With a serial number of #27652, that puts your drum at approx. 1971, and this would be a Fullerton, CA manufactured drum.

Tommyp

Posted on 14 years ago

I also just picked up a Dyna with serial # 27904, however, the bottom hoop and and snares were replaced. Do I need the special hoop with the gates if I can track down a snare/frame? Also, are there any things to look for with this particular era? I know the design changed some over the years.

Posted on 14 years ago

tillerva!...

By the way, good guess on his Dynasonic... you were pretty close! Anyway,

Yours, with a serial of #27652, is also a 1971, Fullerton, CA manufactured drum. The neat thing is that by having a study of the pics that ReGal Music put up in this thread will show you what parts would be correct for your drum. The snare guard/gates are still in place for this year and they look pretty much like the originals although they are slightly altered. The big re-design happened in 1976 which was also the start of the Big "R" badge era, and there's no missing THOSE snare guards as they are HUGE. Those aren't the ones that you want though, although they would enable you to get your drum up and running as they will fit/function just fine if needed.

Tommyp

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here