Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

I need advise on choosing a kit

I am thinking of buying a top-end kit soon (i.e. 2009). And I have been looking at a few websites, and reading this forum and I realised quickly how much I don't know about drum brands!

So if you would, could you suggest some brands and lines for me to check out?

Now you might need to know what I'm going for roughly. I would be trying to get a drum kit that can play a variety of "vintage" styles. I play rockabilly, swing, blues, jump blues/rhythm and blues, all of the 1940s/1950s style.

Set up I want: snare, bass, tom, floor. thats it.

I've been impressed by every thing I have heard about DW, I like the look of their classics range particularly. But I want to be informed of other brands that I should know about too.

If you need more info about what I want, please ask.

Posted on 15 years ago

BBmatt,

Check out Gretsch USA Customs, C&C, Noble & Cooley, and Craviotto. They are all at that "DW" price point, but each have their own strengths. At this level you can't really go wrong, but there are subtleties between them. Take your time and get the kit that ultimately makes you smile when you think about it.Cool Dude

Posted on 15 years ago

From BBmatt

I am thinking of buying a top-end kit soon (i.e. 2009). And I have been looking at a few websites, and reading this forum and I realised quickly how much I don't know about drum brands!So if you would, could you suggest some brands and lines for me to check out?Now you might need to know what I'm going for roughly. I would be trying to get a drum kit that can play a variety of "vintage" styles. I play rockabilly, swing, blues, jump blues/rhythm and blues, all of the 1940s/1950s style.Set up I want: snare, bass, tom, floor. that's it.I've been impressed by every thing I have heard about DW, I like the look of their classics range particularly. But I want to be informed of other brands that I should know about too.If you need more info about what I want, please ask.

Of course you'll find Ludwig drums in front of most of the drummers of that era playing those styles of music. It just so happens Ludwig's Legacy line of drums offers that same "classic" sound and look, but not all beat up and used.

[COLOR="Blue"]http://www.ludwig-drums.com/products/drumkits/legacyclassic.php[/COLOR]

Of course you could get a REAL vintage kit, but the pricing is pretty high these days unless you stumble on a bargain, and you WON'T get to choose the drums you get in the kit, that was already done back when they were bought by the original owner.

[COLOR=#FFFFFF].

[/COLOR]

Most respect the badge, but all fear the drum.

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here