Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

I can't stop myself!!!

Hi all! Last week I swore off collecting vintage drums once and for all. That was before I clicked on craigslist and found a Pearl F12 kit - so I made arrangements and I got $250 invested - this is my first vintage fiberglass Pearl, so please let me know how you think I did - This one I'm going to actually restore because it's so complete - I mean how often do you find an original 12 piece vintage kit that hasn't been molested? By the way, too bad they didn't come with 58" bass drums so I could use one as a place to sleep cause I'm in the doghouse! But damn, they look cool! Check out the pics!!

3 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

First; Great find! Those look so cool! Bill of billnvick has gobs of info about them, if needed.

Next, the little doghouse problem, I would suggest her favorite flowers followed by a nice dinner (out of course). I mean, this should not have gotten you into '***ellery' territory.

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago

If you'd 'sworn off', what the heck are you doing on CL??? Nice score though, but I'd probably be in the doghouse too if I brought that load home. Suggest staying away from CL in future if you want to salvage the relationship... a hard habit to break.

LOGOS - Vinyl Bass Drum Brand Logo Decals
http://www.ebay.ca/usr/barrhavendrum...p2047675.l2559

Barrhaven Drum Guy
Posted on 12 years ago

Wow at 250.00 that was a Hell of a deal..The onlt thing i see missing is the T-rods and claws on one bass drum-{by the way i have them used and new old stock}-..By the badges i see this would date your set from 1974-76..These are great sounding drums...Oh as far as the Doghouse just tell your wife i got these for you iam going to show you how to play the drums..My little rock Godest...Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

hi i got the t-rods with it no hoop .or head what heads should i use?

Posted on 12 years ago

From RLRRLRLL

hi i got the t-rods with it no hoop .or head what heads should i use?

I have and like both of these heads set-ups..Remo black dot's on tops of toms.On the bass drums white Assb. on front P/S on back..I also like P/S on tops of toms too same bass drum head set-up...Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago

Yes, I'm drooling already... $250 is a great price for what I see, and I wouldn't have hesitated. And I've been fortunate enough to move enough stuff to stay out of the doghouse...

And, I've made the trip from Kansas to Ohio to buy drums before.

So, IF you have trouble getting OUT of that doghouse... :)

Like Mikey, I've also got a lot of parts from this era (well, I'm sure I don't have as MUCH as Mikey has! Not been at it nearly as long!) so if you need anything through your restore process, let me know.

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 12 years ago

cool thanks i need a hoop.and a 18 floor tom black.both bass drums are virgins so it's hard to get the toms to line up in a row.i think i might make a kiss set up and put kiss on the basses.

Posted on 12 years ago

From RLRRLRLL

cool thanks i need a hoop.and a 18 floor tom black.both bass drums are virgins so it's hard to get the toms to line up in a row.i think i might make a kiss set up and put kiss on the basses.

I've got a few 70s 22" Pearl hoops, but don't have any with black inlay.

The following eBay seller has a nice assortment of the original NOS Pearl-Remo heads available:

http://stores.ebay.com/MooreGuitars-org?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Also Precision Drum Co. has some Remo Clear/Black Dot CS heads in their "Specials" section right now...

http://www.precisiondrum.com/html/showroomspecials.html

They don't have the "Pearl" logo (like the ones above), but good prices. You have to scroll up to find them, as this link goes to the "showroom" part of the page.

These two places and their special prices won't cover all the sizes of heads you may need, but I've found Interstate Music

http://www.interstatemusic.com/search/Remo%20clear%20CS.aspx

to be about as reasonable on prices as anyone... and I've always been pleased with their shipping speed.

(No, no "kick-backs" from any of these guys; just sharing info!)

Good luck putting this baby together! An 18" FT will be hard to find. IF I were you, I wouldn't worry about finding a black one, buy whatever color you find... Pearl didn't glue down their wraps in the 70s, so the old comes off easy and new black wrap is easy to find.

Santa sure found you early this year! I'm still drooling!

Merry Christmas!

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
Posted on 12 years ago

BTW -- not to argue with Mikey here, but I would put this set as being a late-70s model instead of mid-70s. I'm thinking that based upon the style of the BD spurs. The spurs with the "wing-nut" (Pearl Model 786 Spurs) didn't make their debut in the US Market catalogs until 1978 (as opposed to basically the same spurs but with a round knob of the early-to-mid 70s).

Here's a picture comparing the two: the one on the left is the "wing-nut" late-70s version, the one on the right is the older "knob" version...

1 attachments
Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here