Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

I am the new guy

Hello fellow Drummites! I just found you and am happy to make your acquantaince.

I am a boomer geezer and collector/purveyor/restorer/player and have been for 36 years.....whew hard to believe I am that friggin old.....

I joined because I heard about this place at drumforum......I am a longtimer since the Harry days, been around since the inception of NSMD and have actually been turned away by Ned at his farmhouse in Iowa.....

Nice to meet ya!

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi Skinsman,

Welcome. I'm realtively knew here as well..been playing and collecting about six years, got back into drumming at 46. I actually had played drums when I was much younger but quit at 17. Now 52, makes me a geezer too I guess, but I don't care. Six years or so ago, John Aldridge was still in town here (Nashville), so I learned a bit from him right off the bat. The best thing is, I'm gigging on a regular basis. I read this forum every day as well as drumforum.org, cymbalholics, and drumzillaslair on yahoogroups.

Lastly, like a lot of us, I prefer to play vintage drums, my kit is a '64 Luddie 20, 12, 16 with a variety of Ludwig snares.

Matt

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome!Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here