Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

I am searching for info on a 12 lug brass slingerland snare

I recently got this snare and I am looking for information about it. Anything would be helpful. It is a brass 12 lug on top and 6 lug on bottom. I have not been unable to find any info on it. If this is the wrong place to post this I would appreate te help in posting it properly.

1 attachments
93.9 kB
Posted on 15 years ago

Search for Slingerland "Two-to-one" and also look at the catalogs that picture this snare drum.

Slingerland Snare Drum Catalog Pages

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks David, I found it to be a 1979 two-to-one laq. brass shell. I have several snares and I am using this one exclusively. After I found it in the catalog I tried a google search and it came up empty. I have a couple of questions about how rare it is and the estimated value. Any more info or links would be appreciated.

Posted on 15 years ago

Your welcome.

Also try different searches here as well. Others have been posted on the forum. Try searching 2-1 or 2 to 1 or 2to1.

Different combinations.

This snare is more of a collectible oddity then a go-to snare drum since not many of us have heard or played them.

Value is probably $200 - $350 based on the oddity. There has been one on Ebay for a long time priced at $475 which is why it has not sold.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks again David, My main question has been answered. I paid right at $300 for it so now I know. By the way in my opinion it is one of the best sounding snares I have ever played. My main reason for buying it was that it came with a Buddy Miles signed snare head. He signed it after playing it on 11-11-06 at Nunos bar in Austin Texas. Is their anyway of putting a value on a drumhead he played and signed. Thanks again for the help.

Posted on 15 years ago

Guido owns a music store about an hour from my home. He played bass with Buddy Miles for quite a few years prior to his passing. We were just sharing stores about the man. Small world.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here