Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Howdy everyone.. what do I have here, and a value please help.

This is my first post, I tried to find the Introductions forum so i could properly introduce myself. But I couldnt. My name is cletuss. Hiyall :Santa:

In any event Came across this set, please let me know what name brand these are and what its worth or a value so I can get right price for them.

This is a no name brand full size Drum kit. No name brand cymbals, All hardware is there this set is complete not missing anything.... pedals and all. The finish looks great the drums themselves are in great shape, no rips, tears bad scratches or anything along those lines... Nice vintage gold/silver sparkle.

These sparkle so much they look like a 70's disco ball... Can you say BeeGees LoLoLoLo

3 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Was cruising the boards here, and my set looks pretty much the same as this one here...

Vintage sparkle drums

Just a tad bit different lug hardware, but the tom mounts are exactly the same coming off the base drum.

Again any help would be much appreciated.

Yeppers they are for sale. But would love to know the value or the make before I move them. Im in the Detroit area. D' Drummer

Posted on 14 years ago

They are an import, or "stencil" kit. Made in Japan. Lugs are very similar to Sonor Teardrops. Not as collectible as American made, but still collectible to others. Probably luan mahogany, as shown 100.00-150.00, more if cymbals are name brand.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks backbeatkeeper much appreciated.

Posted on 14 years ago

CLETUSS:

I had a kit with the IDENTICAL lugs as those mounted on your shells. Mine was in a blue sparkle and was in immaculate condition. The brand name was "BLACK JACK". My kit was manufactured in Japan in the 60s.

I agree with backbeatkeeper regarding the "probability" of a luan mahogany shell. I sold my kit for $100 to a gentleman who was looking for something for his son who was just starting out.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Previous valuation too low. This is a 5-pc with all hardware and cymbals. Even if the cymbals are just old Japanese B8's (some of which actually weren't bad) the condition of that kit plus all included is worth at least $250-300 on the current market.

Slightly Apollo-esque looking lugs there.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for all the replies everyone... Much appreciated.

Posted on 14 years ago

I have to disagree with Jaye on this set. No badges, not restores to a perfectly clean, it is closer to 150.00. Now, in San Fran, maybe, that kind of money, but most other places, 150.00 is top dollar.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

I was going to chime in with the same Black Jack comment-same lugs,two-screw cymbal holder, non-typical lug shape-could these be Kawai,O-bop?Some Black Jacks were O.K. and some were very bad,the WORST constructed shells ever-absolute hack rerings and glued-in wooden plates to hold the spurs,tom mounts and snare mechanisms.

Posted on 14 years ago

Maybe it's the color of the wrap, or the shape of the lugs, but this set seems more 70s than 60s to me. If the BD hoops are chrome, then I think that also points toward a likely 70s dating.

Having the original matching cymbals, hardware, and pedals is very uncommon for these types of sets, and I would think it would add additional value to the set. As to an exact value, it would totally depend on where you're selling it, and more importantly, who you are selling it to.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here