Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

how to restore copper finish on slingerland concorde ?

Hi, any good suggestions on how to restore the copper finish on my concorde-73. It´s in pretty bad shape. Should I just use a copper-polish and a fresh towel ? Just read that the copper finish is a really thin layer on a metal plate, so...what to do ,to do it right ?????

henning
Posted on 14 years ago

Unfortunately once the plating is tarnished/damaged nothing will bring it back, short of having it re-plated. Some people have tried sanding down the damaged metal wraps (chrome, copper) and buffing with a fine buffing wheel & polishing compound, to give it a satin finish. Alternatively you could paint them with a metal paint, but personally I'd either leave them as-is with their scars or if you really want to refinish them I'd go all the way and re-wrap them with something new. The most important thing is how they sound!

Jeff

Posted on 14 years ago

yeah,I agree with you on leaving them as they are. It would be a shame to mess with them.I also have a 78 rosewood thats well used,but no cracks or bad damages.and they sound amazing !!! personally I think if you rewrap or fix them up to mint condition they loose a little of their soul; they are old !

I will take your advise on don´t mess to much with´em. thanx for good advise !!!!!

henning
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here