Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

How to remove a broken screw out of lug

I have a Ludwig bowty lug with a hex screw's head been broken off and the rest of it still being into the mounting hole. How can I remove this without dammaging the mounting hole?

Posted on 14 years ago

Did you see if you can take the lug off the drum and pull it through? If that don't work, any EZout will work, if you are gentle

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

The lug was alrady taken from the drum when it happened. After cleaning the lugs I checked the thread in the mounting holes and there was dirt in it which made it hard to turn the screw. During turning the screw entirely into the hole to make loose the dirt (a system that usually works fine) the head broke off. Should I drill it out?

Posted on 14 years ago

If it wasn't a clean break, sometimes you can put the head back on, apply pressure while backing it out and get it to come out to at least where you can grab it with some vice grips or something.

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses then why the hell do they keep score Peg? - Al Bundy
Posted on 14 years ago

ou may have to buy a new lug, and seeing as you are in Belgium...tough. If I had one, I would help a brother out...need any MIJ lugs? I got 50 lbs of those...

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here