Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

how to polish nickel plating?

I've got this old Slingerland snare drum. Its nickel plated brass. Its pretty grimey/dirty, it needs cleaned badly.

Whatcha recommend?

Posted on 13 years ago
Posted on 13 years ago

Cape cod polishing cloths, wear rubber gloves and don't get it in your eyes. it smells good and really works. http://www.capecodpolish.com/products/index.php

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

Should i attempt to clean this thing up? Or let it to the potential buyer? I'm afraid i won't get the same money outta this thing if i don't clean it/polish it up some.

Opinions/advice please.

Posted on 13 years ago

If you are selling it leave it as it is. the drum being what it is.It is rare and the ones of us buying such a drum already know this and should know how or what to do to the drum appearance wise. it took it 80+ years to develop that patina. these were produced for only a short period.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

From vintagemore2000

Cape cod polishing cloths, wear rubber gloves and don't get it in your eyes. it smells good and really works. http://www.capecodpolish.com/products/index.php

Is this stuff the same or similar to NEVR DULL by chance?

Posted on 13 years ago

kadrocker,

Take vintagemoore`s advice, leave it alone, a collector wants to see that drum as is and knows what`s what and how to !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

yeah- i've decided to just leave it alone!

I have unfortuntely decided to sell the drum, I have a vet bill coming up soon and I need some funds. My dog comes before toys!

Posted on 13 years ago

I respect your decision, good to leave the drum as you found it, and To take care of your dog first, man they are family!Bowing

Posted on 13 years ago

Yup! My dogs (and cats) are family members! We've got two boston terriers. One of the dogs was playing with the cats, which is normal. The cat got a little rough and accidently scratched his eye. That was like 10 days ago. He's now having issues with his eye, hope he doesn't lose his sight! Poor Basil!

edit- and for the record he's been to the vet twice since incident! Didn't look like i was the good guy since yall didn't have that piece of info haha

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here