Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

How to fix wrap fade??

Hi experts,

My white rockers floor tom has faded but it had a rather large sticker on it from the store that originally sold it! now that spot hasn't faded!!!

what can i do to fix this?? (except rewrap, i simply won't :p)

will include pics soon...

Dennis

"Life is about rhythm. We vibrate, our hearts are pumping blood, we are a rhythm machine, that's what we are." (Mickey Hart)

'67 Ludwig Red Sparkle Club Date
with '61 15"x12 marching/floor conversion
60's Royal Star kit
Posted on 13 years ago

Supra - I've been researching this for a little while now. I haven't tried this yet, but it's on my list. Check this out and let me know what you think.

http://www.vivilon.com/article-014.html

I've been itching to try this on faded wrap. If you decide to try it with your project, please keep me posted as to progress. If this stuff works, faded drum wrap will become a thing of the past.

Hope the info helps...

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 13 years ago

Looks promising :p

But I don't think it's available in Europe, I'm gonna search a similar product here now I know it excists ;)

Thanks purdie!!

"Life is about rhythm. We vibrate, our hearts are pumping blood, we are a rhythm machine, that's what we are." (Mickey Hart)

'67 Ludwig Red Sparkle Club Date
with '61 15"x12 marching/floor conversion
60's Royal Star kit
Posted on 13 years ago

Most old drum wraps suffer from several problems. Fading, checking and oxidizing. They may also become brittle. Fading is a condition under which the pigment in the wrap fades due to the effect of light. When the wrap is checked, little cracks open up the interior of the wrap to air and airborne pollutants. The glittery finish on sparkle chips for instance can oxidize and darken. I have had modest success with thorough cleaning and treatment with antioxidents.Maintaining a high gloss on the wrap, helps too but I have had the least success dealing with fading.-----This product does look promising; my guess is that it coats and fills and therefore increases light diffusion, thereby bringing slightly new life to the finnish. Drum wraps are not vinyl. The only ones in my experience that might be vinyl are the sort of 3D satin flame wraps that Sonor used. I have some of those and they appear to be so.Older drum wraps are Celluloid----and might not be compatible with this product.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here