Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

How to clean Wrap..

What is best to use when cleaning drum wrap. I have a '66 Ludwig in Silver sparkle that I am going to sell, but before I do, I noticed that it has some clean run marks on it. In other words it look like some one sprayed a cleaning product on it and before the wiped it off it ran down the wrap. When it was wiped off it left the run lines behind. I want to clean the wrap so it will be evenly cleaned. It not very noticeable but I still want to try to clean it.

Posted on 13 years ago

I just use some windex sprayed a clean rag. Its cleans and shines and is gentle to the wrap.

For stains, etc on the wrap, I use plastic auto polish (the white stuff) . It can work wonders on stains and make the drum look like new.

Posted on 13 years ago

I've had good luck with auto polishing compound (the white stuff) rubing compound may prove to be TOO abrasive.

Followed up by simple car wax.

Has worked on 2 vintage ludwig kits.

Best of luck,

Gregg

Posted on 13 years ago

NOVUS #2 is your best friend when it comes to cleaning drum wrap. You can get it online at Amazon or at your local automotive shop.

Posted on 13 years ago

when I cleaned my curb side kit I used diluted pinesol in warm water.

Took the funk right off and left me with a great shine.

If you're seeing clean streaking Im hoping that someone didn't use an abrasive/caustic cleaner.

Posted on 13 years ago

I use simple green, because it was explained to me that it is a lubricated cleaner. Windex is a non-lubricated cleanser, which can leave minute scratches in the wrap. Once clean, I use Novus #2 to polish. It's incredible what a difference that stuff makes. Try it on a Ludwig BOP if you get the chance, it brings out the metallic colors in the wrap and makes drums look brand new.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here