Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

How to clean off cymbal discoloration from water stains?

Hi,

Does anyone from this forum know what to use to remove dried cymbal cleaner or water discoloration stains from the surface of a cymbal? Maybe the cymbal doctor brightner? Thanks! Phil Cormier Leominster, Ma 01453

Posted on 1 year ago

Hi, I don't normally clean cymbals, but I did play a gig once where the band leader had a kids bubble machine going! No kidding. The wind blew many of the bubbles back at me, and you could see - afterwards - where every soapy bubble landed on a cymbal. Polka dots on every cymbal!

I had some "Groove Juice," which is a mild cymbal cleaner. I rinsed the cymbals in a wash tub, and then ran a sponge wetted with "groove juice" in a circular motion - so as not to accidentally make any visible scratches on the cymbals - and then rinsed the cymbals again with water and dried them with a towel. That cleaned them up.

I've never tried to clean real grimy cymbals, so I can't address your question on that. Hopefully, a cymbal restorer will chime in.

Good luck with it! Regards, mb

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here