Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

How old is my Premier Snare Drum?

Hello!

I'm looking to sell this Premier Snare, but don't know anything about how old it is, or how much I could expect to get for it. I think it's 14" x 4" deep. The snare throw off works well, and the wires are mostly intact.

Any information would be most appreciated... model type, year etc.

Thanks!

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Its a royal ace snare drum. Most likely chrome on brass, from approx 1950s and fetches about £100 on ebay uk when they appear.

Posted on 13 years ago

This model with these lugs came in about 1960 - 61. Before that it had flatter lugs just like on the Ludwig piccolo snares. The "small badge" is also a rare feature as they started using the larger, normal-sized badge after a while. You can still get replacement snares from Puresound and Baskey but they are tricky to set up as they don't just tighten but curve up to touch the head. You'll get more for this Royal Ace anywhere but England where quite a few turn up usually in quite good condition.

Posted on 13 years ago

Considering that the seller is in Australia, I would put half of the said amount more onto it (my best guess).

Ralf

NB: Davidh posted just in between confirming what I'd like to say.

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks Team!

Posted on 13 years ago

I have the same, or similar one. I have been wondering how much to sell mine for. Thanks~!

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here