Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

How Much To Pay For A Rogers Powertone

Hi all

Have seen a rogers powertone for sale nearby me here in the UK, the shop wants £169 for it. Is it a steel shelled drum? And is that a bit steep price wise?

Thanks.

Posted on 14 years ago

That would most likely be brass. They sell in the US for about $250 or so.

Posted on 14 years ago

Powertones are all COB. I think $250 would be top $ for one here. I have seen them for less, depending on the condition. Of course that is without the shipping and VAT of getting one to the UK. Current exchange rates put that at about $275 I believe.

In excellent shape and with original Rogers snares for that price I think. Unless that is a 6-1/2" shell. Than it is worth that money - rare.

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Mmmmmm - your typical Powertones only fetch about $150-175 these days in good condition - on this side of the pond. Even keeping in mind that there aren't a whole lotta Rogers floatin' around Europe - l think it's a bit overpriced by 20-25 pounds at least.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

along with the slingy brass snares,the powertone is one of the best values for the money for a brass snare american vintage drumwise imo,a lot less persnikety than the dyna,and unlike the dyna you don't have to shell out 50 bucks for specialty wires to get one up and running.If it sounds good and is in good shape I would make them an offer.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here