Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

how much is my kit worth?

I just recently bought an early '60's blue oyster ludwig jazz kit. I honestly can't afford to keep it, but I don't know what it's worth. Anybody know? Thanks.

Johnny

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

I just recently bought an early '60's blue oyster ludwig jazz kit. I honestly can't afford to keep it, but I don't know what it's worth. Anybody know? Thanks. Johnny

kits are like cars. it all depends on the specs and condition. your posting has no info at all

what sizes?

what serials?

what condition - wrap/chrome?

any stands?

original? - any holes/non original rims/lugs etc etc

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 16 years ago

Also... what did you pay for it? It's quite possibly worth that, or maybe more.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 16 years ago

The wraps are in great condition. The hardware looks great, too. Honestly, they're so clean that I was afraid they'd been rewrapped. But the mounting hardware is long gone, & you can see by the discoloration that the wraps are original. The drums have had no additional holes drilled, so getting back to mint original condition would be no problem. I don't have the drums here @ home, so I don't know the serials, but they are the early '60's style kit. I only have the three drums. The rim of the kick is really thick, which I'm told is desirable...Anyway, I hope that helps. Thanks.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here