Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

How Much is my drumset worth

Hi, im new here and I was wondering if some one could give me a rough estimite on how much my drumset is worth. It is a Rogers gold sparkle set. I was told that it is from the 60's. There are no defects and it seems to be in pretty good condition. I paid around 600 for it. It is 4 peices. The snar's model is "Luxor", the tom and floor tom's model is "Tower" and the bass drum's model is "Mercury". I dont know how to attach pictures of it. Please write back soon

-Myles

Posted on 17 years ago

Not for nothing, but are those really Rogers?? I'm not a Rogers expert, but I would have to say the Mercury drum is an import "stencil" type drum. I've seen the Luxor name before as well. Is that like the model name or something? I come here to learn about the different models and manufacturers as well. I'm very curious to see what you have. Do any of them say Rogers other than the drumheads?? David the webmaster can help you with the pictures to get them resized if need be ............. I'd love to see the set!!!!

Posted on 17 years ago

Myles K-K...

Your drums are ALL real Rogers... those are the model names. Having said that:

The Luxor was Rogers 6 lug entry level snare drum... a nice little drum actually, and it has a LOT of fans!

The Tower toms were Rogers entry level/economy tom toms. These are SINGLE LUG/SEPERATE TENSION toms, but thay were still based on the regular Rogers shell. The "economy" was in the single lug.

Now, the Mercury model bass drum is the little "fly in the ointment". This bass drum shouldn't be with this snare/toms... it should be the Tower bass drum series. But again, I'm basing all this on the fact that you have Beavertail lugs. Are they Beavertails? Or are they the Plain Drawn Brass Lug of the early to late 50's? With some pics I can dial this in a lot closer for you!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago

Myles K-K...

I dug through my Rogers catalogs as I was very curious about the "Mercury" model bass drum. Turns out that the "Mercury" bass drum was still in use and supplied with the 1964 "Luxor Outfit" which is comprised of the drums you have described. The only deviation from the 64R catalog "Luxor Outfit" is that you have the Luxor floor tom as well... but ... that could have easily been an "add on" as that was done all the time. In some cases Rogers had a seperate box that suggested additional/substitute drums for any given outfit.

Gold Sparkle was available in 1964, but was discontinued in 1967. Sounds like your drum "could be" 64's... but again... a lot depends on WHAT lugs you have. For example: The "Luxor Outfit" was also available WITH the Mercury model bass drum in 1960 in Gold Sparkle, but with the drawn brass B&B lugs, not the NEW Beavertails which debuted in 1964.

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here