Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

How I Spent My Summer Vacation

This is a quick video montage of four of the restorations I did this Summer break. I go back to work next week to begin preparation for another school year. Middle School Science 7th and 8th grade - too cool. Looking forward to getting back into the classroom.

I'm still "tinkering" and fine tuning these kits. LuddyDude sent me a small package of a couple of classic lugs to go with the ones I have. I'm putting them on that 14 inch 'green' Standard floor. I've got some little things like that I'm doing. This is just too much fun.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huvoFvYaTEI&feature=channel[/ame]

I'm planning out my next year - I am searching out a (22/16/13) Rogers 65ish Red Onyx beavertail kit and either a WMP or gold sparkle 50's Slingerland Gene Krupa kit. Those will be a hoot!

Posted on 15 years ago

Love it! Thanks for posting this, mcjinic. I can never get enough of those great kits of yours. What was the music on that video?

I have to say--I'm more than a little jealous that you had the opportunity to spend the summer on these projects! Makes up for the long, long hours of hard work during the school year, I suppose. When I remember the vast amounts of time my music and drama teachers spent with us kids--routinely staying until midnight to work with us on school plays, band rehearsals, and so on--I'm in awe of those great and dedicated people. Keep up the good work.

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here