Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

How do you polish Ludwig vistalite shells?

Hi everybody, I bought a set of used Ludwig vistalite drums and they have some scuffs that need to be removed.

Does anybody knows what product should be used and how you do it?

Posted on 15 years ago

novus for sale on ebay 1polish, 2 light scratches, 3 heavy cratches!!

Posted on 14 years ago

+1 to snaremania!

What set up did you get? Good luck!

Posted on 14 years ago

novus works wonders Cool1 give it a shot and post some before and after photos

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Couple of tips I got during a visit to the Fibes factory in PA many years ago... toothpaste! I said "What?!" Kirt said "Toothpaste. Any mild abrasive, really."

Another is geweler's rouge (I know it's misspelled) & a soft buffing wheel attachment for a hand drill. (Can be difficult to control, though. Gentle pressure!) There are different grades - color coated... white, blue, brown. The brown stuff is what I remember using mostly for the deep scratches. Then the Novus products to finish it off.

And this floored me... sand paper! (I surely thought this time the advise was suspect.) But it actually worked... as the initial step. I think 600 grade wet. But then it's essential to remove the haze it leaves with the rouge and/or Novus stuff.

'nother tip: don't go near the badge with the hand drill.

Still got my '70s fibes acrylic kit looking wonderful. :D

Posted on 14 years ago

Back in the days when there were turntables with clear Plexiglass lids that scratched when you looked through them I used liquid brass polish (Brasso to you Brits out there) which is found in most supermarkets.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here